Thursday 8 October 2009

Winter warmers

The temperature has dropped dramatically this week. Scotland's been blessed with some rather lovely autumnal weather, and for once we are seeing a few clusters of golden leaves where there would normally only be bare branches and sodden, muddy lawns.

The cycle paths along the Water of Leith are particularly inviting.







Lovely, but cold. I've dug out my leather gloves and a raw silk scarf that has been serving me well. I don't exactly need a new coat, but I can't help eyeing up all the lovely offerings online.

Two of my favourites come from Urban Outfitters, and would look so sweet on a vintage bicycle:







(As an aside, when did casual coats start costing more than council tax?)

But my heart has gone to this cape-coat from H&M:




For autumnal dressing tips, head to London Cycle Chic and Riding Pretty. It's my first winter cycling, and I haven't quite got the warm/sweaty balance right!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails